Account Assistant/Sr. Account Coordinator, Commercial Insurance, (Long Isl
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
This is a support role, requiring the Coordinator and Senior Coordinator to assist the Brokers/Account Managers to service large complex property&casualty accounts. We have openings for both levels. The duties below will be adjusted based on the experience of selected candidates. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Sr. Coordinator role requires administrative support in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic, organizational and communications skills. While in this role, the Senior Coordinator may have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff and training with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
The Coordinator role would be entry-level focused heavily on issuing certificates of coverage.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule with at least a couple of days a week in our Plainview (Long Island), NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (will be adjusted based on level of hire):
- Prepares ID cards, and certificates of insurance
- Verifies Coverage for certificates of insurance issued by dept Processor or other team members
- Enters data and maintains in the agency management systems in accordance with NFP’s Service Model
- Utilizes carrier websites to retrieve policies and/or endorsements
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with NFP’s Service Model Standards
- Execute policy correspondence delivery to the client per agency guidelines and procedures
- Responsible for maintaining client policy records in the agency management system.
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements and follow up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
- Performs invoicing and assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary
- May prepare finance agreements
- Processing Broker of Record Requests
- May complete Affidavits and Due Diligence Forms for non-admitted placement.
- May prepare Accord applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- May perform policy checking, audits, and endorsement processing
- Special projects as assigned by management or senior-level staff
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with commercial lines accounts preferred
- At least 1 year of operations or administrative experience
- For Sr. Coordinator: 2+ years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within the P&C insurance industry
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Additional training or education ideal
- College degree
- EPIC Agency Mgmt experience or similar CRM
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $45,000 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.