Vice President, Corporate Benefits
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021 and we're looking for a Vice President to join our team who'll be responsible for working with NFP executives, key client stake holders and carrier representatives to ensure client needs are met and will focus on strategic direction, business planning and long-term customer relationships. The Vice President has local and/or regional responsibility for relationships with for a block of business, designated function or department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Leadership team to develop regional client deliverables. Ensure deliverables are executed within the local office(s) and that they are complete, accurate and conform to NFP standards. Make adjustments as necessary.
- Visit clients for major meetings (renewal, strategy) and maintain relationships with key stake holders.
- Consistently work with abstract ideas or solutions across designated function areas.
- May be responsible for managing a team.
- Develops and initiates plans to increase revenue, lower costs, and continuously improve operations.
- Reviews results with subordinates, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key client stake holders and carrier representatives.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Sets policies and monitors all offices in the region to ensure compliance.
- May contribute to hiring decisions and internal promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned and typically exercises independent judgment on most matters; viewed as an authority in area of responsibility.
- May supervise multiple individual contributors and/or managers.
- Ensures the organization's policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; appraising performance; coaching and mentoring staff and addressing potential problems.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Diligent follow up skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred with more than 10 years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
Who We Are:
We’re a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.