Business Intelligence Specialist - Hybrid
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
As a valued member of the pharmacy team with Valued Pharmacy Services (VPS), this position’s main responsibility is developing impactful analytic insights, improved data visualizations and statistical analyses to help our clients as part of Enterprise-wide innovation project.
The Business Intelligence Specialist will work with advanced data technology to build new and improved solutions to drive innovation in how we analyze pharmacy data. The position will work within a high-performing analytics team to improve both internal processes and external client outcomes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing predictive models and machine learning algorithms to facilitate improved client outcomes
- Collaborating with other highly skilled analytics colleagues to derive business insights from our data assets
- Demonstrating curiosity to learn about enterprise initiatives that include data and business intelligence solutions
- Produce a range of dashboards, reports, and presentations to help evaluate impact of real time healthcare costs
- Partner with third party development team to supplement architecture of Big Data platform
- Proactively address any issues with data quality, accuracy, and completeness
- Apply critical thinking to resolve data issues and combine data from multiple systems through tools such as SQL, Excel, PowerPoint, and Sisense
- Work as part of analytics team to ensure that proposals, data, and technical architecture of the delivered solutions matches business requirements and key performance metrics
- Design and build new modules and clinical tools within Sisense
Minimum Requirements for Education, Experience, and Certifications/Licenses:
- BA/BS in Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, or Computer Science
- Experience coding in statistical packages with strong quantitative skills
- Use of data mining programs and data visualization platforms
Abilities & Skills:
- Strong personal organizational skills
- Excellent research skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze data and communicate findings clearly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives and deadlines established by supervisor and clients, often with short turnaround times
- Ability to interface with department staff, numerous internal departments, external customers, agents and subscribers.
This position requires minimal travel, with occasional overnight trips.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.