Account Coordinator, Insurance (part-time)
Location: Onancock, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
NFP P&C Private Client Group is a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines (PL) products in the United States, part of Europe, and Canada. Headquartered in New York City with fourteen offices across the country, we specialize in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines such as aircraft and watercraft. Private Client Group is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. Our parent company, NFP, is a leader in the delivery of benefits solutions for companies of all sizes in the delivery of life insurance and wealth management solutions.
The Account Coordinator is an entry-level role assisting the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients.
This is a part-time role <25 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a team of Account Managers with daily or routine responsibilities in processing endorsements, agency bill transactions, creating evidences of insurance and automobile identification cards and direct bill reconciliations
- Will liaise with external carriers and escrow companies
- Inputs changes (such as renewals) and files various items electronically in EPIC document management system
- Follow up with the insurance companies for outstanding policy endorsements, etc.
- Prepares I.D. cards, evidence of insurance, applications, binders and cancellations under the direction of Account Manager or Account Executive
- Maintains suspense file both electronic and manual for various correspondence and endorsements
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements
- Must maintain phone coverage for receptionist or teammate in his/her absence
- Will assist on various projects as needed and assign by Department Manager
- Matches mail, i.e. policies, endorsements, pending mail, copies
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of administration customer service experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred HS Diploma or GED required
- Experience in insurance and EPIC software is desired
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.