AVP, Sales - Private Client Group
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 . We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
The Assistant Vice President has responsibility for growing organic revenue with medium to highly complex clients through an integrated selling strategy. Manages sales results, maintains strong relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs and continuously improve operations.
- Leads sales activities with P&C complex clients and prospects (need to quantify size of companies?) not necessary
- Develops sales plans and budgets for assigned region and/or client set as well as strategic goals and standards.
- Coaches others in closing complex deals, influencing others engagement and interaction with clients.
- Negotiates coverage terms and pricing with carriers.
- Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs, and continuously improve operations.
- Confers with senior management on setting targets and reports actual results.
- Reviews sales results with other members of the sales team, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key client and prospect stake holders and carrier representatives.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies.
- Influences new hire selections and internal promotions that impact sales team.
- Confers with VP and senior management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets.
- Total independent judgment on most matters; may report to the Vice President or other senior sales leaders on some matters.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 5 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance Broker's license required representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.