Business Development, Investments
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Job Type: Full time
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment advisory (RIA) firm (the “Firm”) with approximately $20B in AUM. We have more than 275 employees serving clients from 18 offices in 10 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all parts of a clients’ financial life and delivering thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what’s most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Firm launched an Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) offering two years ago to provide to third party RIAs the functions the Investment Team historically and continues to provide the Advisors and Firm, namely, assistance around asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection, manager due diligence, and capital markets assumptions, among other areas.
The Firm has demonstrated success in their OCIO offering and is looking to accelerate its growth. The Chief Investment Officer is hiring for a dynamic Business Development Officer to lead the effort. The right candidate will have relationships with many RIAs that may already engage in an OCIO mandate or may be interested in doing so. Background of the right candidate may include being a wholesaler at an asset manager, representing a firm providing OCIO services, among others.
Beyond the candidate’s primary role in leading the OCIO’s business development, they will also support the Investment Team’s broader effort as part of Wealthspire. As such the role will provide immediate exposure to external investment managers and internal investment expertise, to senior management supporting our key results, and to Advisors and their clients.
- Provide support to the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Team.
- Source prospective firms through networking, referrals, and other industry resources.
- Establish and implement annual business development plan to achieve goals set and agreed to.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of competitors and influencers in the OCIO marketplace.
- Define, measure, and track all metrics related to new and organic revenue.
- Support all OCIO clients and their requests, needs for analysis, and deliverables.
- Support the Firm’s M&A activity and all strategic goals.
- Serve as a resource to Advisors for anything investment related.
- Initiate and pursue ideas furthering our key results, increased efficiency, and improved client experience.
- Support the one-off projects and research ideas of senior Investment Team members.
- Be intellectually dynamic and want to learn.
- Have a network of OCIO clients or candidates, likely RIAs but also other wealth management channels.
- A demonstrated track record of business development in the investing and/or wealth management industry.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, self-starter when it comes to new challenges.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years relevant experience.
What we Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
Based out of one of Wealthspire’s primary offices: New York, NY; Potomac, MD; Reston, VA; Madison, WI; San Rafael, CA. Wealthspire is committed to offering employees a hybrid work model.