Client Communications Associate, Covala Group Insurance (remote)
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Covala Group is a proven enroller and administrator of executive individual disability insurance benefits for large corporate clients. Since 1993 we have connected employees of our clients to over $4.5 billion of income protection. We serve corporate clients which typically have over 5,000 employees. Our corporate clients include Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw Top 100 law firms. We have over 25,000 executives insured through our programs.
Covala is a subsidiary of NFP. We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Marketing Associate – Communications Development position is a central role within the organization that is responsible for the development and evolution of high-quality communications for the firm’s corporate and individual, executive clients. The focus of this position is on the creation and customization of our electronic and paper communications and enrollment portals to fit the specific needs for our institutional clients for enrollment and policy retention campaigns. We do not use a cookie-cutter approach, and everything is customized based on each client’s requirements.
The individual in this position will also participate in company projects that involve working with different teams. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to contribute directly to a growing business and gain valuable experience.
Proficient skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word are required. Key personality traits for success include high energy and drive, the ability to work with teams and possess intellectual curiosity. Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
This is a full-time hybrid work schedule from our NYC, Wall Street office. The remote option will be considered for well-qualified candidates.
- Responsible for coordinating with other teams for the timely production of paper mailings and websites.
- Prepare sample communication templates and website for client review for enrollment and policy retention campaigns.
- Coordinate with other teams when changes occur to communication templates and websites.
- Draft webinar information for both new and existing clients, working closely with Account Managers to ensure information is up to date.
- Update client/sales PowerPoint presentations.
- Create marketing materials and update websites.
- Work with internal teams to identify and develop process efficiencies.
- Manage multiple projects with a quick turnaround.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior Excel and Word skills (including mailmerge and macros skills)
- Must be detail-oriented and analytical
- A “can-do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience in workflow analysis and documentation
- Ability to consult with others in the process
- Ability to think and act strategically for long-term results
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Some Marketing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business Administration preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, Teams, etc.) required
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft Access) preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.