New Business Implementation Specialist, Insurance. New Grads eligible (Remo
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Covala Group is a proven enroller and administrator of executive individual disability insurance benefits for large corporate clients. Since 1993 we have connected employees of our clients to over $4.5 billion of income protection. We serve corporate clients which typically have over 5,000 employees. Our corporate clients include Fortune 500 companies and AmLaw Top 100 law firms. We have over 25,000 executives insured through our programs.
Covala is a subsidiary of NFP. We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Implementation Specialist helps the Covala Group meet and exceed client expectations by managing and supporting new business implementations in partnership with the Senior Implementation Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to contribute directly to a growing business and gain valuable experience working directly with some of the nation’s most prestigious companies. Day-to-day activities consist of high touch points with clients along with internal and external client servicing and Project Management responsibilities.
This is a full-time hybrid work schedule from our NYC, Wall Street office. The remote option will be considered for well-qualified candidates.
- Actively participate and contribute to client kickoff & ongoing calls/meetings, helping to firmly establish and execute upon the agreed firm and client expectations.
- Update, customize and test employee-facing benefits enrollment communications.
- Collect, analyze and audit data from various sources.
- Assist in identifying key milestones and developing timelines for initial implementation and enrollment and subsequent renewals.
- Manage internal and external resources to meet project deadlines and to resolve issues that arise.
- Work cohesively with other team members in an effort to achieve a successful and positive client experience.
- Communicate with clients and team in a pleasant, professional manner.
- Manage client expectations anticipating possible issues and working to resolve them in the most efficient manner.
- Proactively identify ways to improve client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A “can-do” attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, and follow through on projects
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. New Grads eligible
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite is required.
- Excel fluency with VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, etc is highly desired
- Knowledge of Smartsheet, highly desired
- A license in Life/Health Insurance and Long-Term Care is a plus; License may be required within 6 months of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.