Ethics & Compliance Specialist (Remote)
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
****This role has the potential to work anywhere in the U.S.****
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Compliance & Ethics Specialist will assist the Chief Compliance Officer with the implementation and operation of a robust and effective corporate compliance program. The Compliance Manager will assist in the development and implementation of a compliance training program, effective communications related to ethics and compliance, compliance risk assessments and analytical tools to measure the effectiveness of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Chief Compliance Officer with the implementation, development, oversight, and monitoring of the corporate compliance program.
- Assists with compliance training, outreach, and other resources to help promote a culture of ethics and compliance, and foster awareness of the company's compliance program among employees.
- Partner with various company leaders to identify, shape and deliver impactful content to inform, and engage NFP employees. The focus will be on ethics and compliance topics and trends including code of conduct, misconduct, harassment, conflict of interest, and other relevant compliance mattes.
- Develop training resources specifically designed for managers to share with employees related to ethics and compliance. Identify and prioritize key themes and concepts, create deliverables (newsletters, training packages, memos, etc.), publish, survey, analyze feedback and adjust plans.
- Monitor and assess training and corporate communication effectiveness.
- Assists in developing and creating reports for the Board of Directors and senior management regarding the effectiveness of the compliance program.
- Unearth insights from diverse sets of data to tell compelling stories through dashboards and visualizations in order to guide strategic decision-making relative to ethics and compliance.
- Assist with the development of new policies and the review of existing policies and procedures by working and collaborating with relevant departments. Serves as a resource on compliance policies and procedures.
- Assists the oversight of the enterprise risk management program including developing Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to assist risk owners in creating a framework for responding to risks in key areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Proficient Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization
Education and/or Experience:
- BS/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proven experience in a compliance role
- Experience in developing effective training programs
- Detail-oriented along with critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High ethical standards
- Data analytics experience a plus
- Risk management experience a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.