HRIS Operations Analyst (REMOTE)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
****This position has the potential to work anywhere in the U.S.****
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The HR Operations Analyst supports the AVP, HR Operations and works closely with business project sponsors and SMEs on the design and configuration of UKG Pro. Responsible for developing test cases, conducting user acceptance testing, creating and updating user documentation, and conduct end user training as needed. Interacts with cross-functional teams where system interface activity may occur. Supports reporting and analytics as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and perform tests on HRIS integrations and configuration changes. Perform troubleshooting on technical processes. Analyze requirements to prepare required dashboards and metrics.
- Supports critical system maintenance and operational tasks within the HRIS.
- Actively participates in or leads HR Operations projects by collaborating with functional subject matter experts on the process / system design, configuration, testing and post-launch support.
- Translate business objectives and user needs into clearly written technical requirements and implement these requirements into existing systems and processes.
- Tracks outstanding HRIS System issues; work closely with HR team and IT support team to manage, implement, and test changes in the system.
- Prepare high quality documents for system configurations and processes and prepare required course materials or communications for employees.
- Work with HR, Finance, and Technology to maintain and improve the HRIS, including configuration, end-user access, security, and system efficiency.
- Assist in evaluation of Human Resource reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new human resource approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of company and services performed.
- Assures accuracy and integrity of data in various HR systems through execution of rigorous audits and thorough testing. Reports any identified issues and establishes mitigating controls. Promotes data integrity and a stable HRIS environment through security and configuration recommendations and practices.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations related to payroll, benefits, and all associated processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience & Expertise with UKG Pro/Ultipro (SaaS) required.
- Ancillary UKG Pro modules (Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management, People Assist, Document Manager) experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management, including but not limited to payroll, taxation and compliance, benefits, M&A diligence, and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information in HRIS with a highly technical understanding of interfaces/integration to other systems.
- Proven ability to understand the need for and complete detailed and hands-on work efforts and deliverables with the appropriate amount of support.
- Outstanding organizational abilities, excellent verbal/written communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
- High degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task with a developed sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Excellent skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Power BI and Smartsheet preferred.
- Experience in the financial services or insurance industry preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive experience in HRIS, information systems, database management or related field, required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: PHR or SPHR preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.