We Will Train You: Commercial Insurance Account Coordinator (VA/hybrid)
Location: Accomac, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
This is a support role, requiring the Coordinator to provide assistance to producers and account managers/executives in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines business. Assist account management team to ensure clients receive excellent service in every interaction with the agency. This is a career role with growth potential to Account Manager.
The position requires administrative support in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic, organizational and communications skills. While in this role, you may have client contact, via more senior team members. You may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff and training with the team that will assist in your learning and development.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule working at least a couple of days a week in our Accomac, VA 23301 office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain renewal and/or new business information in cooperation with the producer and account manager, where applicable.
- Assist account manager in marketing new and renewal business, preparing presentations and maintaining underwriting and marketing information requested by carriers.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer or account manager when necessary.
- Utilize the agency management system’s suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow-up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency guidelines, workflows, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within insurance including operations or administrative experience
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree
- EPIC Agency Mgmt experience or similar CRM
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.