(Hybrid) Contract & Compliance Coordinator
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Contract & Compliance Coordinator position serves a key role on the team supporting the RFP and contracting process as well as the implementation and benefit audit process. Will be directly responsible for agreement preparation, document preservation, benefit testing and audit completion while providing ongoing support for any contracting & compliance team needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Prepare client agreement templates
- Oversee the execution of legal documents and their appropriate dissemination i.e. BAA, NDA, Consulting Agreements, pricing supplements, PHI releases, etc.
- Keep all agreements on accounts accurate and up to date in the Zoho CRM software or any other client management software that is introduced in the future.
- Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-related matters.
- Research and answer questions presented by the client regarding quotes, contracts, benefits, and rates.
- Communicate billing procedures to clients; monitor billing and payments and ensure that proper billing procedures are followed.
- Managing deadlines and progress across the team to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget
- Overseeing the delivery of projects and making adjustments as necessary to ensure they are delivered to specifications and high standards
- Proficiently know the VPS and PBM marketplace, including carrier contacts and services, as well as carrier underwriting requirements.
- Keep leadership fully informed of all important activities on audit results.
- Assist in the communication of employee benefits with the appropriate clients and PBM companies.
- Accountable for accurate and timely preparation of work orders, as well as overall high-quality reporting and auditing on all accounts.
- Present a positive image of self and of VPS / NFP, in and out of the office.
Minimum Requirements for Education, Experience, and Certifications/Licenses:
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college, minimum requirement.
- Prefer 1-3 years’ experience in PBM or related industry experience in pharmaceutical products.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to interpret industry policies and contract documents, proposals and other documentation
- Ability to respond efficiently and accurately to common inquiries
- Ability to comply with company confidentiality requirements as well as with HIPAA and other applicable government regulations
- Thorough knowledge of the Employee Benefits industry, and PBM specifically
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division to required tasks
- High degree of critical thinking, organizational and decision-making skills
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives and deadlines established by supervisor and clients, often with short turnaround times
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time, with occasional overnight trips.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to lift and carry 15 pounds
- Able to work at a desk using computer equipment up to 95% of the time
- Frequent telephone use
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.