Human Resources Manager - Hybrid
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
About the Position:
The Human Resource Manager, provides overall support for leaders and employees for the Retirement and pension administrator divisions, primarily in Southern California. The position will be required to partner with the leaders in NFP Retirement and pension administrator platforms. This position will ensure the implementation, and monitoring of company HR strategies and solutions, with a focus on driving success and meeting business goals and objectives, while improving working relationships, building morale, increasing productivity and supporting NFP’s PeopleFirst culture. The position will partner with business leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition, succession planning, compensation, and employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Workforce Planning & Talent Acquisition
- Assist leaders with workforce planning to identify and analyze what the region needs in terms of workforce (size, type, experience, knowledge, skills and quality) to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and maintain consistent job titles and descriptions across the business/locations.
- Ensure employee onboarding and orientation processes are being conducted using NFP resources and materials through HR team staff.
Policies, Procedures and Employee Relations
- Provides counsel and direction to employees, leaders, and managers to address employment-related matters.
- Maintain full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations related to employment, employee relations, compensation and all other aspects of human resources.
- Conducts investigations in response to formal complaints.
- Manages disciplinary and separation processes through HR staff.
- Ensures offices are trained on the Company's employment-related policies as required by law.
- Interpret and administer company policies for employees and management.
- Participate with other members of HR team to serve as employee advocate while balancing role of internal business partner.
- Monitors employment practices and decisions to ensure fair and ethical practices that foster effective employee relations, reduced turnover, and promote and maintain a high level of employee morale and harmonious environment.
- Participates in the implementation and administration of compensation, bonus and incentive programs and structures.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Drive and facilitate effective performance management practices (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) to create and maintain a high performance culture that improves organizational capability.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers on carrying out goal setting, performance reviews and providing feedback to employees.
Learning and Development
- Coordinate with HR Talent Development team to support talent development and training for the region.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up with Talent Development team, managers, and associates to ensure training objectives are met.
- Work with leaders and staff to drive NFP’s Peoplefirst culture by promoting and implementing company-wide initiatives to support employee engagement; Release organizational communication, in order to ensure a positive employee experience and employee engagement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide strategic HR support.
- Sound knowledge of employee relations practices.
- Good organizational perspective.
- Strong knowledge of California state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Detail oriented and task focused.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective rapport with leaders.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ experience as an HR business partner
- Bachelor’s degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.