P&C Content Writer
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The P&C Content Writer will collaborate with national practice leaders, NFP offices, and subject matter experts to write engaging industry-relevant content in various forms including website, white papers, reports, internal and external communications, and other ad hoc writing assignments for the P&C business line and specialty verticals. Additional scope could include assisting in the development of RFP or survey-based content. This position requires strong writing and research skills, and the ability to produce projects independently with strong collaborative and multi-tasking abilities. In addition, the P&C Content Writer will have critical skills in the workflow process, prioritizing, scheduling, and project management.
- Develop original creative concepts for writing projects that effectively target designated audiences
- Create a compelling and persuasive impression of NFP’s experience and capabilities in all submissions, including solution differentiators
- Rewrite existing copy to raise quality and relevance
- Edit and proofread a wide range of communications and collateral for accuracy, spelling, grammar, style consistency, tone, flow, comprehension, and format
- Collaborate with project managers and designers to deliver each assignment’s goals and key messaging prior to writing, rewriting, or editing
- Review proofs of print and electronic publications throughout the production process
- Ensure communications and collateral are consistent with the NFP Brand
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with deadlines through NFP’s project management system
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Business or related field
- 5+ years of professional writing and editing experience focused on communicating effectively and creatively with targeted audiences
- Writing samples required
- Experience in the property & casualty industry preferred
- Proven experience managing, motivating, and influencing creative and content teams.
- Expertise in creating and distributing impactful content
- Strong collaborative leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Eagerness to innovate and experiment on new and existing channels
- Organized, with strong attention to detail; comfortable managing to deadlines
- Empathy – for our team and our partners
- A team mentality - we have a high-performance culture, but we’re not competitive with one another
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.