Commercial Insurance Account Coordinator (hybrid)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
This is a full-time exempt position that will provide support to our staff in the management of the existing book of business with all tasks related to supporting commercial lines. You must possess the ability to work independently as needed.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work-from-home schedule which includes some weekly in-office days in our Charlotte, NC office.
Essential Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and participate in meetings
- Assist producers with presentations
- Assist Account Executive to complete marketing submissions including gathering exposure data, inputting vehicle and equipment schedules
- Provide support to Account Managers per their direction, as necessary
- Create Broker of Record (BOR) letters and submit to carriers for acceptance.
- Policy checking process
- Client surveys
- Perform all technical and clerical functions for the assigned book of business to assure the insurance service needs of individual clients are met. These functions include but are not limited to client file set-up, issuing evidence of insurance forms, and endorsements
- Prepare summaries or Exposure Workbooks for the Account Manager, Account Executive or Producers
- Claims Administration
- Proofread all documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of the information in documents produced for service team members, clients or carriers
- Address client needs by communicating with the client, via computer, phone, or face-to-face interaction, and ensure that all appropriate resources are being utilized
- Review and issue certificates of insurance, auto id cards and client correspondence as instructed by the service team
- Pull Loss Runs and underwriting needs and directed by the Account Executive or Account Manager
- Develop and maintain complete, accurate, and timely data in EPIC according to NFP Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by manager, Account Executive & Producer
- Epic mail scanning to assist Account Managers in maintaining records
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, including excel, word, PowerPoint
- Excellent calendar management skills with meeting planning experience
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Attention to detail and follow-through; maintains a sense of urgency
- HS Diploma or GED required; advanced education preferred
- Takes initiative
- Stellar Work ethic
- Organizational skills
- Quick learner; willingness to learn
- Blend of confidence and humility
- Interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of team
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.