FP&A Analyst (Hybrid)
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for the administration and execution of the Region’s Financial Planning and Analysis process. The position will work closely with all aspects of regional finance and accounting resources to develop sound practices around budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, monthly/quarterly reporting, and will also interact with other functions within the organization (accounting, sales, operations, technology, M&A, legal) to enhance the capabilities of the FP&A function and to ensure completeness and accuracy of the reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the planning, development, organization, implementation, and evaluation of the business’ fiscal function and performance.
- Help create annual budgets and track monthly performance against those budgets.
- Input budgets and maintain them in the company’s budget and financial system.
- Identify major drivers and opportunities/risks, update annual budgets and forecasts as needed.
- Provide monthly analysis of actual results to budgeted results for each reporting unit.
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial results.
- Own the financial statistics of the locations supported including C&F roll forward, headcount analysis and other relevant KPI’s.
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast.
- Track headcount, new hire budgets, open positions, etc. to report on trends and forecasts to finance leaders.
- Coordinate with Corporate FP&A team to understand and effectuate any changes to reporting structure.
- Support Acquisition Accounting including due diligence and earn out analysis.
- Support system conversions to bring acquisitions on platform.
- Support change in accounting methods for acquisitions.
- Execute on various regional accounting and finance initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Finance or Accounting focus a plus
- Prior experience with corporate or business unit financial leadership.
- A minimum of 3 years finance and accounting experience in a rapidly growing organization.
- Experience in a continuous improvement, highly collaborative and matrixed organization with the ability to lead process improvement and affect change.
- Insurance brokerage experience is highly preferred but not required.
- Experience with Lawson, Cognos, or an insurance agency management system software (such as Applied EPIC) is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to effectively and professionally present financial information to leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer centric approach to finance and accounting leadership.
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate complex business problems and provide well thought out solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, employee engagement, and performance management skills.
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Must be a well-organized self-starter who can effectively analyze a problem, articulate a well-thought-out solution plan, and deliver results.
- Must have strong Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Preferrable to have familiarity in the use of excel macros, power pivots, and power queries.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $75,000 – $110,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.