Commercial Insurance Account Manager - Transportation
Location: Telecommuter, MT
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a four-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Begins to develop relationships; attend meetings and may contribute.
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for endorsements to applicable insurance carriers. Communicate with Insured’s changes in premium and collection of endorsement down payment as well as establishing third party financing if applicable.
- Begin to participate in reviewing policies and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Will be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assists on some billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent) and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Appropriately licensed or ability to obtain licensing if required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.