Account Manager II Transportation
Location: Ontario, California
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Account Manager II is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to process renewal business. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager II will manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. Account Manager II works with the client after presentation of renewal quotation to obtain signed renewal forms and down payment. Complete package is turned over to Account Manger I for binding, updating Epic and providing proof of coverage to the Insured. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently to secure the renewal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact Insured prior to EX date as established in the NFP Service Model to review operation so most accurate renewal pricing can be obtained. To include but not limited to policy limits, radius, commodities hauled, drivers and equipment values
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts.
- Receives customers inquiries and performs follow up procedures to include providing price quotation, product information, and receiving feedback regarding company products and services.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, presents renewal proposal to Insured.
- Understand and support established sales policies and procedures to provide proper and effective treatment of customers and foster the development of long term business relationships.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Follow up on suspense items and outstanding information from binds.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred (negotiable) or
- More than 3 years’ experience in client service in the Transportation product line category
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.