Account Executive, Property and Casualty
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for an Account Executive to join our team who'll interact with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Account Executive will prepare applications, specifications, and marketing strategies for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with some degree of supervision and approval from their supervisor. This role may require the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for their assigned clients. The Account Executive may have revenue goals and/or client retention targets.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Responsible for accurate information such as updated exposures, driver information, reporting forms, signed endorsements and miscellaneous information to avoid any E&O claims.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits. Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail, decision making skills and problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred.
- Typically, more than 5 years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C Insurance License required.
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.