Employee Benefits Intern
Location: Norwell, Massachusetts
Job Type: Part time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Our Employee Benefits group is seeking students in their senior year to work 10-20 hours per week. For those students who excel in the internship, there may be an opportunity for full time employment as a Benefits Coordinator. You will have the opportunity to work alongside account teams and be part of the work that goes to our clients.
What you will do:
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assist with client renewals and marketing and client meeting presentations
- Assist with creating and updating benefits related guides, education resources and cost analysis for clients
- Assist with collection and management of annual benchmarking surveys
- Develop familiarity with NFP’s processes – SalesForce, Financial Reporting, Shared File Drive
- Provide overflow administration support and assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Keep all information and records confidential
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Senior of a four-year university
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service oriented
- Strong problem solving ability
- Cultivating relationship ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) and interpersonal skills
- Be able to initiate and follow through with independent projects
- Proven client management expertise
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in same time frame
Our internship program will offer you the opportunity to:
- Learn the benefits industry with training and hands on projects
- Socialize with other interns and via social activities and volunteer activities
- Get familiar with a hybrid office environment
- Learn what it is like to work with clients by joining live meetings
- Have exposure to all levels of our organization and be part of information sessions to learn about different areas of NFP and learn about the career path of some of our leaders.
NFP and You… Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.