Account Executive, Commercial Lines (Florida-hybrid)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
The primary functions of this position are to provide quality service to clients, manage and control client relationships, and support Producers in their efforts to attract and retain clients. The Account Executive (AE) will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts.
Daily servicing of clients will include contract analysis, coverage and exposure analysis, endorsement activity, problem-solving, renewal management, preparation of quotes/proposals, and binding of coverage. The AE will assist Producer(s) with the above functions when applicable.
AE should have knowledge and experience in all areas of commercial insurance. As needed, AE will coordinate with Producers on strategic account issues and potential challenges. AE is responsible for the successful fulfillment of corporate strategies and compliance with company workflows and procedures.
This is a full-time position. There is flexibility for a weekly hybrid work schedule: days from home and from one of our Florida offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide the most prompt, accurate, and professional service that customers have ever received…anywhere
- Increase revenue by rounding out commercial lines accounts
- Develop, maintain, and manage the client relationship, always striving for excellence
General Client Management
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients
- Utilize company workflows and processes to initiate and maintain contact with clients as well as to update coverages, review exposures, and discuss opportunities for account rounding
- Respond to client inquiries/issues in a timely manner
- Resolve/assist with any service issues/questions
- Assist Producers and broking team in the design of or independently designed insurance plans for clients
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes, making each contact a marketing opportunity
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions, and exposures and document electronic files accordingly
- Monitor and review client satisfaction
- Electronically document all communication with clients
- Review policies and coverages
- Follow established agency workflows and procedures for effective utilization of the agency management system
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education, etc)
- As appropriate, market, negotiate, prepare and analyze alternative renewal options
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal materials as appropriate
- Respond to requests for additional information from insurance carriers and processing department in a timely, professional manner, providing accurate and complete information
- Understand underwriting and rating rationale for all types of commercial policies
- Quote and propose commercial lines policies, alone or in cooperation with the Producer and/or broking team
- Provide technical support to Producers (coverage recommendations; quoting; creation of proposals; creation and management of activities, etc) to assist clients and reach the company’s business goals
- Prepare proposals and applications, alone or in cooperation with the Producer and/or broking team
- Remarket accounts
- Maintain agency management system files by accurately and consistently documenting conversations, inputting policy details accurately, and complying with company workflows and Policies and Procedures
- Seek referrals from client base and assist Producer and/or broking team in placing new accounts
- Utilize renewal management process to round accounts
Education and/or Experience:
- Florida State, Property and casualty insurance license required upon hire
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in property and casualty industry; in the FL market highly desired
- Mastery of commercial insurance underwriting, coverage, and rate analysis
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and underwriters
- Understanding of marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with EPIC preferred or other CRM required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.