Account Coordinator, Property & Casualty
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Summary: Thompson Flanagan Executive Liability Group, LLC is seeking an Account Coordinator for its Property & Casualty group. This position is responsible for assisting brokers and account managers with fulfilling customer service needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist insurance brokers with insurance account management and customer service needs.
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with carriers, clients, and internal staff.
- Work with all carriers, clients, and internal staff in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Use of our Agency Management System – Training Provided.
- Establish effective working relationships with carriers, clients, and internal staff.
- Use of Salesforce – Training Provided.
- Processing of Certificates of Insurance, Evidences of Property Insurance, Auto ID Cards, and Policy Endorsements.
- Work with carriers, clients, and internal staff to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Respond to requests from clients, and internal staff by stated timeframes.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Remains informed regarding industry information.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
- Demonstrate a "good is never good enough" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Maintain exceptional responsiveness (e.g., review/respond to emails within 24 hours; client voicemails within 2-4 hours).
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year college degree or industry experience (not required).
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Ability to obtain an insurance license (within 3 months of employment) and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.