Office Operations Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/.
About the Role:
We're looking for an Office Operations Manager to join our team who'll be responsible for coordinating, supporting, and executing operational and administrative activities across a variety of complex, diverse, confidential administrative functions, as well as providing overall gatekeeping and information management support. This individual must demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, accuracy and efficiency, and be a true master of time management and follow-through.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as Administrative “point of contact” for our vendors, staff, and clients.
- Handle Executive Assistant duties for our Managing Director (MD), as needed, and including email drafting, PowerPoint creation, document editing, meeting and event scheduling, making travel arrangements, as well as completing expense reports.
- Manages time effectively and able to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of confidentiality for all sensitive information.
- Evaluate office productivity in order to recommend policy changes to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Manage the purchasing function of office supplies, equipment, and services.
- Support our Texas Team on any special projects as requested.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail for the Texas office, specifically to include scanning P&C documents into the Epic system and forwarding payments properly and in a timely manner.
- Act as an extension of the NFP Texas senior leadership team both internally and externally by way of exemplifying a winning attitude.
- Act as a problem solver by proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and proposing solutions.
- Aid in general vendor management efforts as requested to include account setups and account payable process.
- Maintain our file management for all processes and requests.
- Engage in operational support for the firm to include aiding in carrier administration, licensing coordination, creating reports, as well as performing reconciliation as needed, [to be trained].
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be tactful and professional in relations with internal and external contacts and all levels of employees within the office.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge pertaining to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work extended hours periodically.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as being adaptable to changing circumstances and shifting priorities by helping with various business priorities, as needed.
- Ability to learn and work efficiently within NFP-centric software and systems to include Epic, Salesforce, Concur, Outlook Calendaring, etc. following completion of training.
- Flexible, efficient, proactive, and ability to be resourceful is required.
- Ability to be professional and polished in both dress and demeanor.
- Ability to maintain exceptional organizational and time management skills while handling multiple competing priorities and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in all projects, assignments and daily/weekly duties.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 8 years of administrative experience in a professional environment required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Individual must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.