Senior Account Manager, Corporate Benefits - Hybrid
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
About the Position:
Thompson Flanagan Benefits Group, LLC is seeking a Senior Account Manager. This position is responsible for the management of ongoing client service relationships, administering renewals, and conducting employee meetings. A successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of ongoing client service relationships for 18-25 clients.
- An average of 25-40% of time out of the office and overnight travel should be expected periodically (subject to current COVID-19 travel policies).
- Maintain open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions.
- Install new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer renewals, including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Conduct employee meetings.
- Prepare 5500s and summary annual reports for clients.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses with intent to pursue an industry designation.
- Inform clients of ERISA, COBRA, FMLA compliance measures.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following: annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with internal partners, clients and carriers.
- Work with internal partners, clients and carriers to ensure accurate and timely response to all outstanding issues.
- Respond to requests from all clients and partners by stated timeframes, (e.g., review/respond to emails within 24 hours; client voicemails within 2-4 hours).
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Remain informed regarding industry information and new product information.
- Expected to be a strong member of the community and further personal development in volunteer opportunities.
- Off-site training as required for continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrate a "good is never good enough" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Thompson Flanagan follows a hybrid work model (i.e., combination of in-office and remote work is acceptable)
- Consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Task oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances,
- Professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- High level of computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required).
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 plus years prior group insurance experience.
- 4-year college degree or industry specific designation preferred.
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license.
About Thompson Flanagan:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.