Sr. Client Service Associate, Insurance/Wealth Advisory (hybrid Chicago)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp., we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
Lenox Advisors is a subsidiary of NFP. We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
Summary: Responsible for enhancing the Relationship Manager’s (RM) effectiveness by performing a wide variety of complex, diverse, sensitive and confidential administrative functions while providing overall gatekeeping and information management support. Acts as a business partner in all areas of the Relationship Manager’s practice.
Supports the Relationship Manager/s by coordinating activities and initiatives that facilitate the new policy and client service processes. Must provide superior client service by identifying the client’s wants and needs, acting on, and/or delegating items and following through to completion while keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule from our downtown Chicago office. You must be able to work at least a couple of days a week in the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as gatekeeper/liaison to Relationship Manager/Managing Director, understanding priorities in the organization and different departments at Lenox, NFP and Mass Mutual.
- Acts as a Champion with the RM team on all new initiatives being rolled out in the company & figures out how best to implement in RM practice.
- Maintains heavy, complex and frequently changing calendar.
- Coordinates all aspects of internal and external meetings including but not limited to confirming all meetings and appointments as directed by the Relationship Manager, reserving meeting space, and preparing the conference room with audio-visual technology as needed.
- Runs regular reports for the Relationship Manager to assist with analyzing activity related to their business.
- Compiles and modifies presentations, spreadsheets, and other various documents at the Relationship Manager’s request.
- Ensures data accuracy in company records by regularly and routinely updating business contacts, client's and vendor's information in the client relationship management software and maintaining files according to company-compliant procedures.
- Handles all confidential business matters and works independently on special assignments
- Handles personal matters as necessary, including but not limited to maintaining profit & loss sheets and other financial tracking & tax documentation.
- Reviews all commission statements for accuracy and control the tracking progress toward the Relationship Manager’s financial goals and conference goals.
- Provides a bridge for smooth, accurate communication between the Relationship Manager’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Participates in regular departmental meetings and training and development sessions as directed.
- Partners with the Relationship Manager when participating in Lenox marketing campaigns, including client relationship management software list updates as well as updating client email addresses.
- Proactively identifies future opportunities via client relationship management software, LinkedIn, and ZoomInfo databases.
- Assists Relationship Manager with tracking expenses and submitting/tracking reimbursements.
- Creates feeder lists as requested.
- Responsible for greeting clients/business partners, fielding phone calls, reviewing incoming mail, managing office supplies, and ordering client gifts.
- Arranges corporate travel including developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, and arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
Pre-Sale and New Business
- Assembles meeting preparation documents pertaining to the client/prospect prior to sales meetings, including but not limited to, illustrations, policy and product summaries, reports, presentations, and marketing packets.
- Partners with Advanced Sales to obtain and/or generate the appropriate illustrations/one-pagers
- Ensures Relationship Manager has appropriate Licensing and Appointments and works with internal contracting and licensing contact to obtain and renew licenses prior to business submission.
- Performs all insurance underwriting duties, including preparation and completion of multi-life and individual disability, life, and long-term care applications. Creates a framework for any cover letters that need to be included with the application, and works with the case manager to determine the best rating to present the case to underwriting based on medical history.
- Schedules medical insurance exams.
- Follows up with the client and Relationship Manager during the underwriting process, and keeps notes on the process and conversations in client relationship management software.
- Partners with the New Business Team to manage all new business cases using client relationship management software as the system of record for status/notes/tasks and communicating with RM and client as necessary.
- Participates in Relationship Manager/New Business case management calls.
- Reviews insurance policies and prepare them for delivery; follows up on delivery requirements when needed.
- Processes all policy changes including but not limited to reinstatement of lapsed cases, smoker rating changes, addition or removal of policy riders, and face amount reductions.
- Partners with Lenox Asset Management Team to process individual asset management applications, service requests, and performance summaries.
- Coordinates tasks and responsibilities for all joint work cases.
- Processes all insurance policy service requests, including but not limited to address changes, beneficiary/ownership changes, premium mode changes, and dividend option changes.
- Provides a high level of client service and Relationship Manager support. Works directly with the clients on service work with minimal day-to-day oversight by the Relationship Manager.
- Interacts daily with insurance carriers and vendors to ensure proper and timely execution of client service requests.
- Follows through on a variety of requests and be able to resolve client and/or service-related matters.
- Creates consistent client correspondence, as needed, according to the Lenox Style Guide.
- Advanced knowledge of technology to enhance the client experience, and create efficiencies in practice management and administrative processes.
- Challenges status quo in processes to develop work processes to achieve significant l