SVP, Life Insurance Advanced Sales Client Advice and Solutions
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp., we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique.
What You’ll Be Doing
This position will be responsible for the full performance management for our client solutions for our Relationship Managers distribution channels and Advice. The candidate will be responsible for proactively executing advanced sales, planning strategies that closely align with advice, product, and marketing initiatives. Responsibilities also include providing consultative legal and life/disability/long term care insurance sales expertise and analysis on large case and complex insurance strategies. The candidate will report directly to the Partner responsible for the Advanced Sales team and provide consultative case support to producer community. The ideal candidate will provide thought leadership in the areas of financial planning, tax, estate, executive benefits, business planning, premium finance, charitable and retirement planning using insurance products and will work primarily in the mass affluent, high net worth and business planning markets. This position will require people management, content creation, training, speaking at industry meetings, case design duties, and Relationship Manager virtual support. The candidate will also partner with multiple internal business partners in a collaborative environment to enhance Lenox Advisors, Inc.’s leadership position.
- Supervising and developing the Advanced Sales team with coaching, counseling planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of life products and all accompanying software systems for analysis and presentation
- Focuses on advice efforts by studying existing and potential advantages and disadvantages of core and preferred carrier product lines. Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, current products, and new products
- Conducts technical analysis of and proposes new or revamped advanced sales ideas & positioning of life products.
- Partnership with Head of Sales, Marketing, Legal and Compliance on the creation (or maintenance) of training and collateral resources to support our client advice efforts (white papers, flyers, brochures, Advanced Sales microsites, PowerPoint).
- Gaining knowledge and expertise in the propriety planning platform to help bridge the gap across all product lines.
- Leverages internal resources to track and measure attribution of Advanced Sales initiatives.
- Attends industry events/seminars.
- Creates and delivers sales presentations on Advanced Sales concepts.
- Use available outside tax and/ or legal, resources to obtain consultative data to support discussions related to Advanced Sales.
- Coordinates projects and concept reviews related to Advanced Sales, as needed.
- Keeps current with job knowledge and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities and attending seminars and webcasts.
- Provide subject matter expertise and collaborate with other organization leaders
- Partners with sales team to achieve departmental and business goals.
- Protects the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Partner with Mass Mutual and NFP Advance sales resources
- 10 + years of extensive Life, Disability, LTC insurance, tax, legal and prior Advanced Sales experience required.
- BA/BS in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field preferred
- Excellent technical research and writing skills.
- Presentation skills that are dynamic.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to lead and influence customers and people across the organization.
- Proven ability to balance strategic and tactical aspects of the job.
- Proven ability to support innovation and change.
- Must be willing to travel at least 20% of the time.
- Time Management - Use of propriety CRM to manage day through tasking, calendar, activities, and adding client documents to their personal record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively under pressure
- Recognizes when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the next higher level of expertise
- Critical Thinking – ability to make decisions that balance the client and company’s needs
- Take personal ownership for delivering superior results; Conscientious
- Dedicated to exceeding internal and external client expectations
- Present a positive demeanor with clients and all members of our organization.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with all members of our organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Teamwork focus
- Behaves in a way that leads others to trust him/her
- Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm and motivates others
- Demonstrates initiative for special projects
- College Degree
Prior experience in an insurance industry and sales facing position in advanced sales leadership
- Life and Health license
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $150,000 – $175,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
Lenox Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.