Commercial Insurance Senior Coordinator/Account Assistant (hybrid)
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP:
This is a support role, requiring the senior coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Senior Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. In this role, the Senior Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically start to get exposure to the RFP process and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule with at least a couple of days a week in our Plainview (Long Island), NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls, primarily does not take an active role
- Assists Account Management Team in preparing insurance for company proposal requests.
- Performs policy checking, and completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters.
- Creates and maintains client files in the Agency Mgmt. System in accordance with office procedures. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice.
- Assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with commercial lines accounts
- 2+ years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within insurance including operations or administrative experience
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree
- EPIC Agency Mgmt experience or similar CRM
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $45,000 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.