Senior Coordinator/Account Assistant, Commercial Lines Insurance (hybrid)
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
This is a support role, requiring the senior coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Senior Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. In this role, the Senior Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically start to get exposure to the RFP process and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule with at least a couple of days a week in our Plainview (Long Island), NY office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains exposure to clients and carrier contacts; attends meetings and calls, primarily does not take an active role
- Assists Account Management Team in preparing insurance for company proposal requests.
- Performs policy checking, and completes coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters.
- Creates and maintains client files in the Agency Mgmt. System in accordance with office procedures. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice.
- Assists with billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with commercial lines accounts
- 2+ years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within insurance including operations or administrative experience
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in basic Word and Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- College degree
- EPIC Agency Mgmt experience or similar CRM
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.