Data Analyst, Compensation
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
The Compensation Data Analyst reports to the Compensation Manager of NFP Compensation Consulting. They are responsible for assisting with data analytics in a supporting capacity relating to client deliverables and data analysis. This position will have the opportunity to grow into a consulting role, advising clients on all aspects of Executive, Board of Director and Professional Staff compensation and governance practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input text-based and numerical information into Microsoft Excel, Access, or other software platforms from source documents
- Analyze and review data for deficiencies or errors
- Assist with special projects that require large amounts of data entry
- Provide data entry support across departments on an ad-hoc basis
- Ensure that processing standards are adhered to
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations as requested
- Assists Consultants and Managers with client compensation projects, including data compilation, research, and analysis as requested
- Research applicable compensation, governance, and governmental regulations/industry practices including compensation market trends (e.g., benefits, FLSA, SEC proxy reporting rules, etc.) as requested
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage projects efficiently and effectively, as well as meet set deadlines
- Needs to be very detail oriented
- Needs to be able to work at a fast pace while remaining diligent with work
- Able to be coachable and learn at a fast pace
- Able to work in team, maintaining consistent communication
- Able to work from a remote capacity
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field or relevant experience within similar positions preferred
- 0 – 2 years of experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
None required. Compensation Analyst Credential and/or Compensation Committee Certification preferred.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.