Sr. AE/AVP, Commercial Insurance (Voorhees, NJ hybrid)
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
In this role, you will interact with clients daily while maintaining strong relationships with client and carrier representatives. This role requires you to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. You will manage a book of business, including the marketing of new and renewal business of large, complex accounts with large premiums and multifaceted coverages and may supervise an account team.
We are seeking a Sr. AE or AVP; title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule (minimal days in office) from our Voorhees, NJ office. You should be able to accommodate occasional carrier and client meetings within the Voorhees or Pennsylvania or nearby area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with complex and large clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Property & Casualty and carrier products and services
- Maintains and manages solid relationships with clients and carrier sales representatives
- Negotiates with carriers for the best possible result
- Requires expertise in multi-line accounts with more complex coverages including retrospective rating plans and/or Captives for large lines of coverages and foreign packages
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- May have on-site meetings with clients and carriers
- Maintains a follow-up system to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise an account team; directs the daily job activities of the Coordinators, Account Managers and Account Executives
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Ability to make local on-site client visits/meetings as required
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 10 years of industry and product line experience and direct servicing
- Supervisory/Management/Mentor experience preferred
- CRM fluency is required. Experience with Epic preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required upon hire
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $100,000 – $150,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.