Total Rewards Analyst, Corporate Benefits
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
****This is a hybrid position if you reside in Indianapolis, but remote if you live outside of IN.****
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Total Rewards Analyst to join our team who'll be responsible for completing client and prospecting analytics support work in the total rewards, primarily compensation and benefits areas. This position creates, develops, researches and produces communications, data analyses and reports for external clients and prospects. The analyst works closely with the Vice President, Total Rewards Practice and the Compensation Consultants to exceed expectations through successful project delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. Takes significant role in meetings and on calls. Communicates directly with clients and vendors.
- Benchmark and evaluate client jobs for compensation and prospect’s benefit plans using market data sources.
- Analyze jobs for client projects using each client’s job description and specified data scope criteria.
- Fully understand each individual survey database to use technology to efficiently complete compensation and benefits projects that meet the client’s deadlines.
- Participate in client review meetings to gather and document their feedback, and make updates and changes accordingly.
- For benefits prospects, aggregate data from multiple systems and create client presentation materials.
- Manage communication with prospective clients and carrier partners to market employee benefits.
- Create client communications and deliverables to support the total rewards & compensation practice. Communications may include but are not limited to executive summary reports, compensation philosophies, and training presentations, guidebooks and procedures for managers.
- Draft client deliverables for projects such as Total Rewards Results Builder and incentive compensation plans.
- Create salary structures using the benchmark data as a guide.
- Complete “gap analysis” reports comparing individual employees to the new salary structures.
- Gather additional data as needed from publicly available sources, such as 990 compensation data for non-profit projects and salary ordinances for government/public sector projects.
- Assess jobs and their respective duties to determine FLSA classification.
- Assist with client project management.
- Organize client job descriptions and data for our ease of use and efficiency.
- Create timelines for larger projects. Work with the Team Success Manager to schedule client meetings to stay on track with the timeline and meet client deadlines.
- Create documents such as the recommended benchmark/slot job list for compensation projects.
- Update the total rewards & compensation practice project tracker regularly. Attend and contribute to our weekly team meeting to stay aligned on priorities and deadlines.
- Update documents such as our total rewards benchmark with new data when available.
- Complete annual salary budget surveys and summarize the data in a meaningful, clear and useful format for clients.
- Research new legislation and regulations that relate to our area of expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Communicates clearly in a variety of settings.
- Develops strong working relationships with clients.
- Completes work with meticulous with detail and accuracy, ensuring a high level of quality.
- Organizes and maintains systems and processes that support the projects and team.
- Meets deadlines to complete projects on varied activities at one time.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet changing client priorities and expectations, utilizing a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Proactively identifies what needs to be done and acts to find solutions.
- Proficient with a variety of technical programs and software, including Microsoft Office applications (with advanced skills in MS Excel) and several different compensation and benefits survey databases/software.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS in finance, human resources, business, or related field required.
- One year of experience, or relevant internship experience, in compensation, data analysis, benefits, human resources, or a related field preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Desire to obtain certifications such as Certified Compensation Professional, CCP, and/or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.