Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Consultant is responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day to day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Consultant will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Consultant leads open enrollment presentations and manages the OE communication process and takes an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. Takes significant role in meetings and on calls. Communicates directly with clients and vendors.
- The Consultant will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Reviews, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy. Understands more difficult and complex regulatory language and rules.
- May have an assigned book of business.
- May serve as a mentor to more junior team members, trains more junior team members.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients and their employees. Communicates directly with them and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages.
- Develops relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services. Gets assistance on complex situations or products from more senior team members
- Begin to anticipate client needs, works with Account Executives / Advisors to resolve.
- Reviews request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions.
- Drafts client presentations in collaboration with Account Executives or Advisors; takes active role in client meetings
- Update benefit guides, ensure client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage change
- Prepare document and data for annual client compliance audits to be presented by Account Executive, may take active role in presentation
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges
- Ensure 5500 form is filed and completed in a timely manner
- May provide updates to clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Understands and articulates alternative funding strategies.
- Proactive client service support in conjunction with the account management team
- Oversees client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Interprets plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions
- Provides informal leadership and training to more junior team members, based on experience, without official supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 5 years industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.