Commercial Insurance Broker Team Support Coordinator (hybrid or remote)
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
This position will support our Maryland team. We offer a hybrid work schedule from any of our local offices in Maryland. We are also open to remote hires, outside of MD, who are experienced in P&C insurance.
Provide support to the broking team members in obtaining the best insurance program for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the team in the management of the portfolio renewal cycle ensuring service standards and workflow processes are consistently met and executed upon
- Compile client or prospect information and develop complete submissions into a presentable format for approval by the broker
- Identify and raise potential issues during the information gathering and marketing process to senior level with suggested solutions
- Support the broking team’s client engagement and broking activities by assembling quotations, proposals, and presentations
- Schedule client/prospect and insurer meetings at the direction of the Broking Team Leader or Senior Broker
- Participate in broking team meetings to discuss changes in the insurance market, internal issues, carrier relationships/responsiveness/service, and specific account matters
- Assist in sharing information and coordinating responses to insurers/wholesalers/reinsurers
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrating reliability and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adjust to changing workload and priorities
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Epic (agency management system) a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous brokerage or insurer experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required or obtained within 90 days of employment
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.