Commercial Insurance Broker Team Account Support Coordinator (MD hybrid or
Location: Tysons, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This position will support our Maryland team. We offer a hybrid work schedule from any of our local offices in Maryland. We are also open to remote hires, outside of MD, who are experienced in P&C insurance.
Provide support to the broking team members in obtaining the best insurance program for our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the team in the management of the portfolio renewal cycle ensuring service standards and workflow processes are consistently met and executed upon
- Compile client or prospect information and develop complete submissions into a presentable format for approval by the broker
- Identify and raise potential issues during the information gathering and marketing process to senior level with suggested solutions
- Support the broking team’s client engagement and broking activities by assembling quotations, proposals, and presentations
- Schedule client/prospect and insurer meetings at the direction of the Broking Team Leader or Senior Broker
- Participate in broking team meetings to discuss changes in the insurance market, internal issues, carrier relationships/responsiveness/service, and specific account matters
- Assist in sharing information and coordinating responses to insurers/wholesalers/reinsurers
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrating reliability and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to adjust to changing workload and priorities
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- Demonstrated knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Epic (agency management system) a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous brokerage or insurer experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent a plus
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required or obtained within 90 days of employment
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.