Senior Account Executive-High Net Worth (Remote or Hybrid)
Location: San Jose, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits, and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Level facilitates requests and needs of the carriers on behalf of NFP's clients.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Requires expertise in multi-line accounts with more complex coverages including retrospective rating plans for large lines of coverages and foreign packages.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements, and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise and direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators, Account Managers, and Account Executives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 8 years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.