Personal Insurance Account Manager
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business Magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, you will be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing their own clients, may also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned.
This is a full-time, in-office position from either our Ocean City, MD or Leonardtown, MD or Wilmington, NC offices. For P&C licensed and experienced professionals we will consider a remote option. This will be determined by the level of experience and insurance knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take an active role in meetings
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Will prepare the first draft of the renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive. Begins to communicate directly with clients and carriers, with approval from the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with various people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS or insurance industry training and/or license preferred
- More than 2 years of client service and/or industry and product line experience preferred
- Experience with EPIC or other client management CRM preferred
- High-level client management in other fields will be considered
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required or able to obtain within three months of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.