Commercial Insurance Select Business Account Manager (N. Carolina or remote
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
This is an account servicing position. The primary function of this position is to provide quality service to clients and cross-sell/account-round within the existing book of select business. The Account Manager (AM) will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts. The AM will manage and control relationships with clients in collaboration with Producers and/or Account Executives, where applicable.
Daily servicing of clients will include contract analysis, coverage and exposure analysis, endorsement activity, routine coverage and billing questions, problem-solving, renewal control, preparation of quotes/proposals, binding coverage, and claim reporting and follow-up. The AM will assist the Producer(s) with the above functions as needed.
The AM should have knowledge and experience in select commercial insurance including, but not limited to, business owners, commercial auto, property, general liability, umbrella, inland marine, worker's compensation, and flood. As needed, the AM will coordinate with Producers on strategic account issues and potential problems.
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from our North Carolina office. There is flexibility for experienced and licensed hires to work emote hire from any US location while working on an EST schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give the most prompt, accurate, and courteous service that customers have ever received…anywhere.
- Increase revenue by rounding out commercial lines accounts
- Develop relationships that lead to new business sales
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Property and casualty insurance license upon hire
- Understanding of commercial insurance underwriting, coverage and rate analysis
- Knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and underwriters
- Understanding of marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with EPIC preferred or other CRM required
General Client Management:
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients
- Resolve/assist with any service issues/questions
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes, making each contact a marketing opportunity
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures and document electronic files accordingly
- Respond to clients’ needs by providing/producing binders, certificates, policies, auto id cards, evidence of insurance, and other related items accurately and on time
- Monitor and review client satisfaction
- Electronically document all communication with clients
- Review Policies
- As appropriate, market, negotiate, prepare and analyze alternative renewal options
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal materials as appropriate
- Follow established agency procedures for effective utilization of agency management system
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education, etc)
- Assist with or complete other tasks as directed by agency management
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.