Retirement Plan Administrator
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Job Type: Full time
Retirement Plan Administrator
As the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) for qualified defined contribution plans, you will be responsible for maintaining contact with the Plan Sponsor and assist with designing and implementing of the plan document to meet the objectives of the Plan Sponsor. You will work directly with the Plan Sponsor to obtain the information necessary to perform the annual year-end compliance testing as required by the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor regulations, as well as timely filing of the Form 5500.
- Efficiently deliver quality service and products to clients
- Administer qualified plan:
- Process participant distributions and loans
- Reconcile trust accounts and contributions
- Perform nondiscrimination testing
- Compliance testing
- Calculate and allocate contribution
- File appropriate government forms:
- Form 5500, Form 8955-SSA, Form 5330, Form 1099-R, etc.
- Develop effective working relationships with clients and maintain client communications
- Perform more complex technical work, conduct technical research
- Direct and review the work of others in completing projects
- Assist with drafting of prototype plan documents and amendments that meet requirements of plan sponsor
- Communicate interactively with team, office members and other support staff
- Recognize opportunities for new business development and serve as a resource in pursuit of that business
- Develop professionally through active participation in relevant community and professional organizations, pursue technical expertise in areas of interest for professional specialization
- Stay current in firm and office operations
- Comply with the continuing education requirements relevant to professional designation(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Minimum five (5) to ten (10) years relevant work experience in the field of retirement plan administration preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills required, experience with FIS Relius Administration software a plus
- Demonstrate ability to provide quality customer service and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
What we offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
We’re NFP! A leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.