(Hybrid) Wellbeing and Engagement Manager
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. We’re passionate about the opportunity to positively impact the overall health and well-being of our clients’ employees.
This is a full-time hybrid position (home/office) working closely with the Benefits team on the management of clients’ health & well-being programs. The Wellbeing & Engagement Manager will lead the well-being & engagement function for the St. Augustine, FL office, ada The Bailey Group, overseeing two Well-being & Engagement Consultants, and working closely with the producers and the account teams. The Manager will support his/her own clients in collaboration with the account teams, and coordinate projects and work plans for the well-being consultants in the overall support of the benefits team and clients. This position will also enjoy the collaboration of the Atlantic region well-being & engagement team and will work closely with the regional well-being leader.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the regional well-being leader to grow and evolve the well-being practice model
for the St. Augustine office, and oversee the well-being consultants in the delivery of services to clients
and account teams
- Maintain a book of business of primarily larger client accounts, and provide wellness strategy consulting and project management, including bi-weekly/monthly calls and periodic in-person meetings
- In collaboration with well-being leader and other regional well-being consultants, develop and promote innovative resources and services that can be leveraged across clients and effectively utilized by the benefits team to help them support their clients
- Oversee and coordinate client well-being plan initiatives and programs, including vendor selection, implementation, and ongoing performance to ensure deliverables are met
- Assist clients in forming and developing their well-being goals, calendars, and well-being committees, including developing effective communications to promote client well-being programs
- Assist with coordination of onsite and virtual events for clients including health fairs and educational seminars; onsite events will sometimes require in person attendance
- Assist with client and prospect presentations to effectively communicate the NFP well-being value proposition, including preparation of RFP responses and presentations
- Maintain a working knowledge of compliance rulings and recommendations related to workplace well-being to ensure client programs are within boundaries, as well as keep clients informed about developments in a timely manner, making program recommendations as appropriate
- Leverage NFP’s size and reputation to negotiate competitive fees and solution options from carriers and
- Develop, maintain, and grow relationships with both internal (NFP leadership and account teams) and external (vendors, insurance carriers, clients, etc.) stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality services
- Stay informed on industry research, trends, vendors, and benchmarking, to bring innovative approaches to client-specific strategies
- Utilize research and data analysis for the development of client-specific well-being strategy
- Participate in cross-office functional teams to contribute to well-being deliverables region-wide such as trainings, benchmarking, trend reports, etc.
- Champion the Atlantic region holistic well-being initiatives for the St. Augustine office to drive engagement and positively impact the health and well-being of NFP colleagues
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of health care, well-being and engagement industry and trends
- Passion for health and well-being; energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive
- Experience leading others on a team, providing feedback and developing team members’ strengths and growth opportunities
- Ability to foster positive working relationships internally and externally at all levels across organizations, especially with account management teams to support an integrated client strategy
- Excellent consulting and project management skills; represent NFP well, in person and via social media
- Experience setting strategic plans for well-being
- Ability to be proactive, provide project status updates, and see projects through to completion
- Proven aptitude for quick and creative thinking within demanding deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present to clients and prospects
- Expert level knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as technology platforms including Zoom, Teams, GoToMeeting etc.
- Benefits experience a plus
- Manager will oversee two well-being consultants in support of the St. Augustine clients
- Provides leadership, direction, support, and feedback to St. Augustine well-being consultants
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Public Health, Health Promotion/Education, or related health field
- 4-5 years’ experience in well-being program development, implementation, evaluation, marketing, and promotions, preferably in the insurance industry
- Previous experience leading a team
- Wellness certification preferred
- Life and Health license preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Occasional lifting and transporting of materials to client events with the assistance of a carrier. Working Conditions: Climate controlled office environment; occasional visits to client work sites that may not be climate-controlled
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & well-being programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.