Vice President, Property Claims
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
Principal Role and Responsibilities
- Advocate for clients by providing expert claim oversight for Commercial claims.
- Interact with clients, their representatives, carriers, carrier experts and consultants, producers, account managers, and others to advocate on behalf of our clients.
- Conduct research on coverage to address claim issues that arise and collaborate with clients, their representatives, NFP Sales and Service team, and others in coverage rebuttals.
- Occasionally author white papers and/or give presentations on topics clients are facings.
- Occasionally attend inspections and/or other client claim meetings to advocate on behalf of the client.
- Assist the Sales Team to address customer claim issues.
- Assist the Claim Leaders in various projects, including the refinement of best practices, claim service programs, catastrophic claims management, and other ad-hoc projects.
- Occasionally participate in new and renewal meetings to present the NFP claims platform for the purposes of confirming the value add that NFP Commercial Claims team can bring to the table for prospects and clients.
- Responsible for promptly resolving customer claim issues and communicating resolution to appropriate stakeholders.
- Prompt notification to Sale and Service team, Claim Leaders and others of large reserve changes in excess of $100,000
- Thorough and prompt documentation and maintenance of EPIC claim file system including claim updates, interactions with clients, carriers, etc. to have a thorough history of the events that have happened throughout the life of the claim as well as attach emails and other documents to the EPIC claim file using the naming convention.
Identify and track catastrophic claim events; communicate events and posing issues to Claim and Commercial Leadership; identify clients that could be impacted by events, assist in creating appropriate and measured alerts/warnings and follow-up communication with stakeholders; assist with overall event management including night and weekend availability/accessible to stakeholders, and assist with metrics and creating management reports.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Additional Insurance certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience in the commercial property-casualty claims industry is required.
- Proficiency with Property Claims and knowledge of property and management liability (E&O, D&O, Cyber, Crime) is required.
- High level of organizational skills with proven successful experience in managing multiple tasks and internal/external customers concurrently in a claims setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in written and verbal communications with large customers in a claims setting.
- Proficiency with using broker-based and carrier claims software applications. Knowledge of the EPIC system is a plus.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Suite products including excel, outlook, word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Access is a plus.
- Expertise in performing web-based meetings and with performing in-person audio/visual presentations to small and large-size groups.
- Expertise in coordinating and performing technical claims discussions with internal and external customers.
- Expertise in coordinating large-scale property claims audits.
- Ability to stay calm, cool, and collect in difficult, complex, and challenging insurance matters.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.