Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Advisor has responsibility for growing organic revenue with clients. This individual is responsible from maintaining and growing an assigned book of business. Develops relationships with prospects and key client contacts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates, qualifies and develops new business relationship using assigned list of prospects.
- Targets smaller, less sophisticated accounts, with expectations of developing skills to support larger, more complex accounts. May be assigned to specific business line and/or client segment.
- Meets key metrics including revenue and number of prospects in pipeline, meetings per months and closed sales.
- Works collaboratively with Account Management team to close business; May jointly service the client together with an Account Manager and/or an Account Executive.
- Develops sales proposals and presentations that are consistent with NFP standards; often requires assistance from more senior sales team members
- Responsible for developing and increasing sales for assigned book of business and/or territory/industry sector by compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet websites, and other sources
- Confers with management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets. May get assistance or work on the clients of a Senior Advisor / Client Executive.
- Reports actual results to team and utilizes tools such as Salesforce
- Reviews sales results for assigned clients, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Begins to develop relationships with key prospect and client stake holders.
- Increasingly exercises independent judgment subject to general supervisor support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate (or equivalent), BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years of directly related industry experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance Broker's license required representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.