VP, Director of Financial Planning- Wealth Management
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 250 employees serving clients from 20 offices in 11 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Director of Financial Planning is a new role within the firm and has overall responsibility for Wealthspire’s comprehensive financial planning process and experience across clients, prospective clients, and colleagues. The Director will serve as a technical resource and will be the principal contributor to thought leadership with respect to planning concepts and strategies. The Director will play an important role in the mentoring and development of advisor associates, who regularly meet with clients and provide critical planning support to the lead advisor on client relationships.
- Leads the Financial Planning Committee to develop planning standards and an overall training curriculum to enhance the planning capabilities of Wealthspire.
- Manages and directs the firm’s financial planning experience, technology, and process to ensure exceptional planning deliverables to clients, prospects, and internal colleagues.
- Evaluates planning skills of other client facing staff, such as advisor associates and advisors, and works with Office Leaders to identify and support development opportunities.
- Provides training, mentorship and guidance to advisor associates and more junior members of the advisory team.
- Serves as a technical resource to the firm and to clients in financial planning concepts and strategies.
- Participates in driving strategy and execution of marketing plan to promote Wealthspire’s expertise in financial planning.
- Represents Wealthspire at various networking events and industry gatherings.
- Works with the marketing team to oversee the publishing of planning-related content across the firm.
- Publishes content on planning regularly for Wealthspire, with an aim to also publish articles for external sources.
- Remains current with all CFP continuing education requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) is required; CPWA, CPA, JD, or MBA desirable.
- At least 10 years of financial planning experience required.
- Additional experience or expertise in estate planning or income tax is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence rather than authority.
- Highly attentive to customer service and client care.
- Evidence of being a team player and supportive colleague.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills.
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro and eMoney is highly desirable.
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.