Account Manager, Group Excess Liability Insurance (hybrid Georgia)
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business Magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP:
We’re seeking an organized and highly motivated insurance account manager to join our growing team. Responsibilities include managing client communications, nurturing key relationships, and keeping track of all necessary documentation, paying close attention to any policy changes, important deadlines, and legal regulations. You will help customers understand their coverage, and ensure all relevant data is properly tracked in our secured systems. This is a chance to build on your experience, with room for growth. If you’re looking to take on an important account management role during this period of high growth as we attain new business, we’ll provide the training you need to succeed in this position.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule from our Alpharetta, GA office (3) days a week in the office and (2) days a week remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear answers to clients on any coverage or billing questions including information on rate fluctuations or policy changes to ensure full understanding
- Update policy changes on customer accounts in our book of business and informs clients about policy changes
- Consult with clients to help process and issue renewals, updates, and any cancellations
- Manage annual client renewal for assigned firms including expanding participation and other offerings
- Maintains proper level of communication and builds effective relationships with clients, brokers and companies
- Prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with more senior team members
- Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Insurance experience as an insurance agent and/or we will provide training as needed for the right fit and skillset
- Must have very strong organizational, follow-up, written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills including self-motivation to complete requests and activities on time
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- P&C Insurance License in the state of Georgia is preferred upon hire. We will consider qualified candidates w/o their license if capable of participating in the 40-hour self-study program and passing the final exam to obtain a P&C license within the first 90 days of hire
- Associate's degree (or equivalent), or BA/BS preferred. A degree in Risk Management and relevant internships/experience may be equivalent, highly preferred.
- More than 2 years of high-level client service experience required
- Insurance industry and product line experience preferred.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.