Commercial Lines Sr. Account Manager (MD hybrid or remote)
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
This is a service position. The primary function of this position is to provide quality service to clients and cross-sell/account-round within the existing book of business. The Account Manager (AM)/Sr. AM will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts. You will manage and control relationships with clients in collaboration with Producers and/or Account Executives, where applicable.
Daily servicing of clients will include contract analysis, coverage and exposure analysis, endorsement activity, routine coverage and billing questions, problem-solving, renewal control, preparation of quotes/proposals, binding coverage, and claim reporting and follow-up. You will assist Producer(s) with the above functions as needed.
You should have knowledge and experience in select commercial insurance including, but not limited to, commercial auto, property, general liability, umbrella, inland marine, workers compensation, and flood. As needed, you will coordinate with Producers on strategic account issues and potential problems.
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from our Ocean City, MD office. There is flexibility for a fully remote work-from-home schedule for well-experienced, P&C-licensed candidates who can demonstrate fluency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give the most prompt, accurate, and courteous service that customers have ever received…anywhere.
- Review policies and increase revenue by rounding out commercial lines accounts
- Develop relationships that lead to new business sales
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients
- Resolve/assist with any service issues/questions
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes, making each contact a marketing opportunity
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures and document electronic files accordingly
- Respond to clients’ needs by providing/producing binders, certificates, policies, auto id cards, evidences of insurance, and other related items accurately and on time
- Monitor and review client satisfaction
- Electronically document all communication with clients
- As appropriate, market, negotiate, prepare and analyze alternative renewal options
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal materials as appropriate
- Follow established agency procedures for effective utilization of agency management system
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education, etc)
- Assist with or complete other tasks as directed by agency management
- Property and casualty insurance license
- Understanding of commercial insurance underwriting, coverages and rate analysis
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and underwriters
- Must understand marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.