Account Manager, Personal Risk Insurance (hybrid/remote)
Location: Wethersfield, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 - 2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP:
Summary: The Account Manager/Sr. Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager I will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, this person will begin to learn to manage a book of business under senior team members' direction. Begin to develop relationships with clients and carrier contacts and work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In this role, the Account Manager manages or learns to manage the clients from start to finish, but requires a great deal of supervision and direction from more senior team members.
This is a full-time opportunity ideally working from our Albany, Kingston or Glenn Falls, NY offices on a flexible hybrid schedule. A remote option is considered for well-experienced and licensed candidates. Title, work location and requirements will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop stakeholder relationships and attend and contribute to meetings.
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Participate in reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assists on some billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused on establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent) and BA/BS preferred
- More than 2 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C licensed or ability to obtain licensing when required
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $40,000 – $55,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.