Head of Tax, Policy and Research
Location: Westport, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment advisory firm with over $17B in AUM. We have more than 200 employees serving clients from 18 offices in 10 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
Summary: The Head of Tax Policy and Research is responsible for setting tax policy and serving as the resident expert on tax for the firm. This role partners with colleagues across the organization in strategically advising Family Office Services clients with executive compensation, private equity, and multi-state taxation issues. This role is also responsible for keeping up to date on tax laws and regulations that may impact Family Office Services clients and proactively draft alerts and provide thought leadership on tax issues internally, to clients and the media. This role is a key member of the leadership team within Wealthspire Family Office Services and will report to the Head of Family Office Services.
- Assist Advisors and clients in providing strategic tax guidance:
- Generate ideas regarding tax savings techniques
- Meet with Family Office Services clients and their Advisors to discuss current assets and structures and apply tax knowledge to address strategic opportunities for planning
- Tax Research:
- Provide assistance to Advisors that have clients who need in depth tax planning that require project level advice
- Draft timely alerts on tax issues that may impact clients
- Set tax policy for the firm and send communications to Advisors
- Provide education internally and generate up to date content
- External speaking opportunities to network with centers of influence and provide visibility to the community that Wealthspire has expertise in this area
- Law degree and a CPA with and minimum 15 years combined experience as a tax attorney in a law firm environment and accountant in an accounting firm..
- Tax LLM a plus.
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
What We Offer:
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $200,000 – $250,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.