Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment advisory firm with approximately $17B in AUM. We have more than 270 employees serving clients from 19 offices in 11 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all parts of a clients’ financial life and delivering thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what’s most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisory, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Investment Team provides centralized insight for the Advisors and Firm on all aspects of asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and due diligence, trading and capital markets assumptions, among other areas. The Trading Team is hiring for a dynamic Associate. Intellectual energy and rigor are “have to haves” for this role; previous trading experience is a “nice to have.” As a key member of a small but critical team, the role will provide immediate exposure to internal investment personnel, to senior management supporting our Key Results, and to Advisors and their clients.
- Provide support to the Head Trader and Investment Team
- Learn our trading system, Tamarac
- Learn our model portfolios and understand how to rebalance portfolios to run consistent with models and our investment philosophy
- Serve as a resource to Advisors for anything trading related
- Work with other functional areas (Operations, Technology, etc) supporting client retention and growth
- Support the one-off projects and research ideas of the Head Trader and broader Investment Team members
- Relevant experience preferred
- Completed or pursuing CAIA, CIMA, CFA, or CFP preferred
- Bachelors’ degree in finance or related field
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, self-starter when it comes to new challenges
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Commitment to mentorship, training, education, and next-generation career development
- Competitive salary based on experience and incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- PTO and paid holidays
- Paid training and professional memberships
Based out of one of Wealthspire’s primary offices: Westport, CT; New York, NY; Potomac, MD; Madison, WI, San Rafael, CA. Wealthspire is committed to offering employees a hybrid work model.
What We Offer
We are proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.