Senior Tax Manager
Location: San Diego, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Ground Control is a business management firm built for those with boundless potential. We act as a financial concierge, designing and implementing a customized plan to meet the needs of our client's career and lifestyle. We're looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join our team who will work with the tax department as well as the business management teams to conduct high level detail reviews of tax return documents. You'll also mentor and train staff accountants.
This is a full-time role that will work out of our Los Angeles office at least three days a week.
- Conduct high level review of complex multi-state tax returns for high-net-worth individuals, (individual, S corps, C corps, partnerships, and estate returns)
- Work extended hours as needed
- Mentor, supervise and train staff accountant’s preparation of tax returns
- Work closely with business management teams to compile necessary information for timely preparation of tax returns
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal laws regarding tax, tax software & technology, and accounting standards
- Take lead in addressing various accounting and tax related tasks and proposing resolutions to any challenges
- Manage workflow and delegate work as necessary during critical tax deadlines and year-end closeout process
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting and taxation for high net-worth individuals
- In depth knowledge of tax concepts and regulations related to individuals, C corps, S corps, partnerships, and trusts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (or related business field)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Active CPA license
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Master’s Degree in Taxation - preferred
- Experience in Business Management – preferred
- Experience in Agilink & Zenith – preferred
- Proficiency with CCH, Axcess, XCM, BNA – preferred
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.