Tax Director - Business Management Experience
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Ground Control (part of NFP Corp) is a business management firm built for those with boundless potential. We act as a financial concierge, designing and implementing a customized plan to meet the needs of our client's career and lifestyle. We're looking for a Tax Director with Business Management Company Experience to join our team who will work with the tax department as well as the business management teams to conduct high level detail reviews of tax return documents. You'll also mentor and train staff accountants. Prior Business Management experience strongly desired.
This is a full-time role that will work out of our Los Angeles office at least three days a week.
- Conduct high level review of complex multi-state tax returns for high-net-worth individuals, (individual, S corps, C corps, partnerships, and estate returns)
- Work extended hours as needed
- Mentor, supervise and train staff accountant’s preparation of tax returns
- Work closely with business management teams to compile necessary information for timely preparation of tax returns
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal laws regarding tax, tax software & technology, and accounting standards
- Take lead in addressing various accounting and tax related tasks and proposing resolutions to any challenges
- Manage workflow and delegate work as necessary during critical tax deadlines and year-end closeout process
- 7-10 years of experience in accounting and taxation for high net-worth individuals
- In depth knowledge of tax concepts and regulations related to individuals, C corps, S corps, partnerships, and trusts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (or related business field)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Active CPA license
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Master’s Degree in Taxation - preferred
- Experience in Business Management – strongly desired
- Experience in Agilink & Zenith – preferred
- Proficiency with CCH, Axcess, XCM, BNA – preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $165,000 – $185,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.