Account Manager, Corporate Benefits
Location: Lehi, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
NFP Utah is in search for a dynamic Account Manager II to join our corporate benefits small employer team. The position’s primary responsibility will be to manage and maintain existing clientele through the service and sales of benefit programs that expand revenue and strengthen client relationships.
The successful candidate must have strong communicative and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented with strong organizational skills. They must be able to multi-task and stay organized in a fast paced environment.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services. May work closely with Advisors on specific subjects.
- Anticipates client needs and identifies the strategies to solve them.
- Prepares renewal proposals of products and services to meet the client’s needs.
- Works closely with the Small Employer Advisory Team to design, implement, communicate and service the employee benefit programs for existing and new clientele.
- Conducts enrollment meetings and works closely with support staff throughout the renewal and new group implementation process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of employee benefits programs and compliance.
- Ability to understand and synthesize new products, technology and systems to develop cutting edge creative solutions that meet client needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with business owners, controllers and Human Resources professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probabilities in addition to applying concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Database software.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving Skills- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical Skill- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative- Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Education / Work Experience- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or four to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates and Licenses- Utah Life and Health Producer's License.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.